- Leaders are original…Managers copy.
- Leaders develop…Managers maintain.
- Leaders focus on people…Managers focus on systems & structure.
- Leaders inspire trust…Managers rely on control.
- Leaders innovate…Managers administrate.
- Leaders have a large-range perspective…Managers have a short-range view.
- Leaders ask what and why…Managers ask how and when.
- Leaders have their eyes on the horizon…Managers have their eyes on the bottom line.
- Leaders originate…Managers imitate.
- Leaders challenge the status quo…Managers accept it.
- Leaders do the right thing…Managers do things right.
- Leaders always try & maintain a positive attitude.
- Leaders do not reveal doubts about a chosen course of action in their subordinates.
- Leaders personally accept blame for shortcomings in activities for which they are responsible & generally share the credit for successes.
- Leaders do not ask their subordinates to accept sacrifices that they are not willing to make themselves.
(AMERICA ONLINE…”LEADERSHIP PRINCIPLES”)